Advertising & Editorial Pages: Digital File Specifications
FOR EDITORIAL PHOTOS: Please send hi-resolution JPG images (not TIFF's): 300 dpi, CMYK or RGB, at least 6 inches on one side ... or 72 dpi, RGB or CMYK, at least 24 inches on one side. (Smaller images may not print well.) Please send all materials by the "photo deadline" dates noted, and via the Dropbox indicated in item C below.
FOR ADS: To ensure proper reproduction, please follow the guidelines below.
A. Required Formats
1. Send ads in a processed file which incorporates all text, image, and typographic elements. Requested formats are "PDF/X-1a" and "JPG".
2. Color space: CMYK.
3. Resolution: 300 pixels/inch.
4. Do not submit files in RGB or Pantone. (Convert to CMYK.)
B. Proofing Materials
To make sure everything is correct, before sending your file please carefully review a color accurate proof to confirm that everything is correct: dimensions, fonts, images, color, layout, and clearance of type and logos from all edges.
C. Sending Files
Please send your files to email@example.com. If the file is very large, or if you are sending several large images, please click here for our dropbox.
E. Ad Sizes (width & height, in inches)
1. Please ensure that your file conforms to the size of the ad you are running.
2. For full-page bleed ads, keep any text or logos 1/4 inch (0.25) from each edge of the trim size noted below.
3. For full-page bleed ads, as indicated in the dimensions below, please extend the photos beyond the Trim Size (8.125 x 10.75, the actual size of the magazine) by 1/8 inch (0.125) on all sides: top, bottom, left, and right.
4. Here are the ad sizes (width & height, in inches):
Vertical (Island): 4-1/2 x 7-3/8 ... (4.5 x 7.375)
F. Advertising Schedule
If more time is needed, please contact our Editor-Publisher, Rick Bard, at 212.265.7970 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ad Production Services
- Ad Creation services for your print ad are available. For those bridal vendors without advertising agencies or in-house digital production staffs, our award-winning design team can create your ad. Design, copy editing, and proofing services for a full-page ad are $495; for a fractional page ad they are $295.
Advertising Photography services are also available. Ad photography to generate images for your ad, and for any further online or promotional uses you might envision, are priced from $395 to $995, depending on complexity, plus expenses.
- Online Features
- After a feature has been published in the magazine, as a special service, we can reformat the article for the Manhattan Bride website. This includes adding all the appropriate Social Media icons to the article and also linking the article to all related articles, all appropriate landing pages, all appropriate menu categories, and to your Vendor Profile. The charge is $795 per each six-month period.
- Use of Editorial Photography
- Photo Usage. As a special service to our advertisers and to our brides, we reformat our award-winning On-Location Fashion features and put them on our website. Clicking on any such photo expands the image into a large format, which you can download for your website and for most printing projects.
Photo Credit Required. To comply with our copyright and our model releases, any image used for your site or for a printed project must be accompanied by the following credit “As Seen in Manhattan Bride, Photo by Rick Bard.”
Original Hi-Res Image Fee. If you want any original hi-res images for a more elaborate printed project, the fee for each image provided is $150. In that case as well, the image(s) must be accompanied by the above credit line.